A traditionally ebullient press release from Sub Pop’s Seattle HQ has revealed the first wave of releases of their Singles Club, one of the most innovative and successful record label initiatives of the latter part of the 20th Century. 30 years on from early platters from the likes of Nirvana, Mudhoney and Soundgarden, this is the fourth run of 7″ limited editions which will be available by subscription only and will become the collectible rock heirlooms of the future.
Seattle visionary OCnotes
Chicago industrialists HIDE
Arkansas merchants of doom Pallbearer
The Minneapolis Uranium Club Band
Japanese psychedelic explorers Kikagaku Moyo
Philadelphia pop experimentalists Man Man
Los Angeles singer-songwriter Shannon Lay
Angular Atlantans Omni
Seattle noise-rock/art-punk/uncategorizables Dream Decay
Laborers at the rarity-factory are currently hard at work generating test pressings and art for these limited-edition, colored-vinyl 7” singles, and we have more exciting artists lined up for the series. Do away with your FOMO (that means “fear of missing out,” we are told) and subscribe now! And then buy another as a gift for the record geek in your life! We will be taking subscriptions into early 2019 (exact date TBA), but after then these lovely vinyl artifacts will be forever unattainable to anyone who did not subscribe!
Singles Club Vol. 4 Overview
ATTENTION RECORD NERDS AND MUSIC FANS! We are now taking subscriptions for the fourth – and, who knows, perhaps the best! – incarnation of the legendary Sub Pop Singles Club. Are you desperate to hear new and exciting music? Do you pine for exquisitely packaged, colored-vinyl artifacts? Do you break into a sweat at the thought of missing out on limited-edition tchotchkes to hold over your friends’ heads? Well, subscribe now and feed your need!
Attentive oldsters may recall the first edition of the Singles Club, which coincided with the launch of Sub Pop as a semi-functioning (and we do mean semi) record label, and featured Nirvana, Soundgarden, Sonic Youth, Fugazi, L7, and countless (ok, around 75, to be more precise) other era-defining artists from the late ‘80s and early ‘90s. Fans of a more youthful age may remember the second and third editions, which ran from 1998-2002 and 2008-2009, respectively, and together included hitmakers like Iron and Wine, Bright Eyes, The White Stripes, Death Cab for Cutie, Jesus and Mary Chain, The Get Up Kids, The Dutchess and the Duke, Om, Thee Oh Sees, and many more.
All of this ancient history is to say:
1. WE INVENTED THIS SHIT!
2. We’ll get you lots of great music, and there’s a good chance you’ll wind up with some highly sought-after rarities.
And, 3. We’re seasoned pros at this and we’ll definitelyprobably get all your records delivered to the correct address right on time.
For the eminently reasonable postpaid (meaning shipping is included in the price; tax is not) price of $130 for the U.S., $170 for Canada, $185 for Mexico, and $195 for the rest of the world, you will receive twelve (12) 7” singles, shipped directly from Sub Pop HQ in Seattle to you, starting in April of 2019. These singles will feature exclusive tracks by artists from all over the map, both literally and figuratively, but tied together by the common thread of being great at what they do and inspiring to us. We hope you’ll feel the same. This offer is valid for a limited time only, so don’t sleep on it.
Things to know:
- Subscribing is the only way to get the physical 7”s. They will not be available in stores.
- You can subscribe from anywhere in the world.
- You can purchase a subscription as a gift – simply enter the recipient’s name and address in the delivery address fields for your order.
- Each single will be available for streaming and digital purchase two weeks after that single ships. But by then you will not be able to go back in time, subscribe, and get that single. So sign up now if you want vinyl!
- Subscriptions are exempt from any Mega Mart sale discounts.
- You can buy a subscription in the same order as other items you wish to purchase from us. We will ship the rest of your order as soon as possible, but no Singles Club 7”s will ship until April 2019, when you’ll get the first two, with successive singles to follow in pairs every other month thereafter. (We are shipping two singles at a time, every other month, because shipping is expensive and we want this subscription to be relatively affordable.)
- Singles Club subscriptions cannot be sent to your local store and are not part of the Sub Pop Local program. As such, there is no free-shipping option for the Singles Club.
- If you need to change your address at any point during your subscription, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.