One of the shining lights of the festival scene, Cambridge Folk Festival has given the first glimpse at 2019’s array of talent.
Headed by dustbowl-Gods, Calexico and Indie-Folk pioneer, Iron & Wine, it’s a typically diverse, multi-national affair, young guns mixing seamlessly with grizzled veterans.
Others of immediate note include:
- Graham Nash – perhaps the most undervalued member of the seminal Crosby, Stills and…
- Ralph McTell – for a folk loving audience, a bit like Mozart himself appearing at a classical concert
- Richard Thompson – see above
- Tunng/Gruff Rhys – Modern folk flag-bearers
- Grammy-magnet, Lucinda Williams
…and, as we’re duty-bound to say, many, many, more yet to be announced.